Date(s): Saturday, September 26, 2020
Hours: 9:00 AM
Event: Inaugural Youth Hunt
Attention Youth Hunters!
You are invited to participate in the Prairie Hills Chapter’s Inaugural Youth Hunt!
When: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH, 2020 from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Where: Rauville, SD (Four miles north of Watertown, SD) – Look for the directional signs!
This event coincides with the South Dakota Resident Pheasant Opener.
The Prairie Hills Chapter of Pheasants Forever is committed to inspiring a love of upland hunting and instilling a dedication to conservation principles in the next generation of hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.
Youth participants will have an opportunity to learn proper safety techniques from SD GFP Conservation Officers, participate in a sporting clays target shoot, and go on a mentored pheasant hunt with passionate adults and awesome bird dogs! After the hunt has come to a completion, all youth participants will learn how to clean, prepare, and store a harvest of roosters.
This event is limited to 30 participants.
Registration will be on a first-come-first-serve basis with a wait list after the event has filled. Registration will open at 8:00am on Tuesday, September 1st online at www.sdprairiehillspf.org.
Registration Cost: $15.00 per participant
Youth Hunter Participant Requirements:
- Must be between the ages 12 – 17.
- Must be a South Dakota Resident.
- Must have completed their hunter education prior to the event.
- Must have a valid small game license for the 2020 season.
Youth Hunter Participants Will Receive:
- Youth Annual Membership to Pheasants Forever
- Volunteer Adult Hunting Mentor
- Opportunity to Learn About and Hunt With Trained Bird Dog(s)
- Target Loads for Clay Pigeon Shoot
- Hunting Loads for Live Pheasant Hunt
- A Blaze Orange PF Hunting Cap
- A Blaze Orange PF Hunting Vest
- Participant T-Shirt
- Delicious Catered Lunch & Snacks & Beverages
Youth Participants are WELCOME and ENCOURAGED to bring an adult with them during the day. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 880-1659.